Take-A-Break Child Care Center was established to provide quality care to children of parents who need:
A few hours to search for employment or housing
- Keep necessary appointments
- Weekday child care including preschool education
- GSRP (Great Start Readiness Program)
- Before and after school care (wrap-around care)
The center provides care for children birth to 14 years of age. It is a community based program open to all families in the Battle Creek area. Learn more.
Take-A-Break Child Care Center
Foster Adoptive Child Enrichment (FACE)
Family activities are designed to provide activities for children that will help raise their self-esteem or to provide families with activity opportunities at little or no cost so their children develop a strong sense of family. The types of activities vary and depend upon availability and funding. In the past, they have included:
- Annual Family Fun Weekend (camping, fishing derby and picnic)
- Reduced ticket prices to area venues such as movies, bowling, Full Blast and Binder Park Zoo
- Holiday gift distribution
The purpose of the Life Skillz program is to provide hands-on, experiential learning to explore the responsibilities that face teens as they work toward independence. Each summer, the Taking it to the Streets program helps teens learn skills to find a career and important character qualities nessecary for success in the workplace.
The Family Enrichment Center can provide case management, training and support group services to grandparents and other caregivers raising a related child. Besides monthly support groups for Kinship, an annual “Campference” is offered to Kinship Families.
- One-on-one parent support
- Referral to community resources
Family Respite and Resource Program
This page was last updated: October 3, 2016