Not everyone can be a foster parent.
But everyone can change the lives of children affected by the child welfare system.
Volunteering a few hours or even a few hours every week can make a difference for foster children in Calhoun County.
The Family Enrichment Center is looking for:
- A weekly volunteer to help with office work such as typing, filing, etc.
- A small group of volunteers that would compile occasional mailings.
- Volunteers to help in classrooms, reading to children, doing activities and playing. Some volunteers love to come for special party days like Thanksgiving or Easter.
- A volunteer with a CDL who would be willing to drive for summer field trips.
- Volunteers to accompany staff on field trips.
Regular volunteers are required to undergo a criminal background check. Volunteers are supervised by a staff member at all times. Call the Family Enrichment Center to visit and talk with us about how you can get involved.
The Family Enrichment Center, especially the Take-A-Break Child Care Center, are always in need of materials. A few items that would help us:
- Gently used, age-appropriate toys
- Paper goods such as paper towels, toilet paper, baby wipes, coffee filters, paper plates, etc.
“We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.”― Marian Wright Edelman
This page was last updated: February 8, 2017
Family Enrichment Center’s Emergency Donation
System (the FEDS)